ant-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Corsi <cco...@exceloncorp.com>
Subject Question about properties and ant2
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 05:09:49 GMT

Hi all,

I was reading the feature request document for ant2. In the section,
"III. Things that are simple, easy to implement, where we expect the committers
to agree". It has the following statement:

  * make properties fully dynamic, i.e. allow their value to be reassigned

  [will need more discussion because of vote by Glenn McAllister and Conor
   MacNeill]

  [finally ACCEPTED]

If I understand this correctly. You mean that if I add the following to my
build.xml file:

<project ... >

<target name="foo" depends="foo_properties,common" />

<target name="foo_properties" >
  <property name="common.property" value="foo_property" />
</target>

<target name="bar" depends="bar_properties,common" />

<target name="bar_properties" >
  <property name="common.property" value="bar_property" />
</target>

<target name="common" if="common.property" >
  <echo message="commom.property=${common.property}" />
</target>

</project>

And I run the command:

 ant foo bar

I would get:

 common.property=foo_property
 common.property=bar_property

Is this correct or am I dreaming?

I know that with ant 1.3 and 1.4 I get the following:

 common.property=foo_property
 common.property=foo_property

thanks,

--Claudio