ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <>
Subject arror building javadoc for xalan-j 2.2.x and ant 1.4
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:48:51 GMT
Already send to xalan-j-dev, but could also interest ant developers...

xalan-j uses its own doclet for javadoc, but it crashed with new ant 1.4:
     [echo] autojavadocs is for automated build process, without dependencies
  [javadoc] Generating Javadoc
  [javadoc] Javadoc execution
  [javadoc] javadoc: In doclet class xalanjdoc.Standard,  method optionLength
has thrown an exception java.lang.reflect.Invoc
  [javadoc] java.lang.Error: Fatal: Resource for javadoc doclets is missing:
  [javadoc] 1 error
  [javadoc]     at<init>(
  [javadoc]     at
  [javadoc]     at xalanjdoc.Standard.configuration(
  [javadoc]     at xalanjdoc.Standard.optionLength(
  [javadoc]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
  [javadoc]     at
  [javadoc]     at
  [javadoc]     at

There isn't any in tools.jar (sun
jdk 1.3.1):
[guillaume@silbermann guillaume]$ jar tvf /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/lib/tools.jar |
     0 Sun May 06 03:41:12 CEST 2001 com/sun/tools/javadoc/resources/
  5560 Sun May 06 03:34:00 CEST 2001
 17240 Sun May 06 03:34:00 CEST 2001

I tested this with 2.2.D9 and 2.2.D10. I also tested it works with ant 1.3. I
found nothing relative to doclet in ant's changelog.

I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC: answers to me.
Guillaume Rousse <>
GPG key

View raw message