ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PATH]XML declaration for XmlLogger
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:44:41 GMT
On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:37, Ingmar Stein wrote:
> I added an XML declaration (<?xml version="1.0"?>) to the XML log file.
> Also, I removed some extra spaces in XmlLogger.java.

applied - thanks. In future would you be able to use a unified diff (-u
option IIRC) because that way it is easier to judge where changes come from.

> With the current BuildListener/BuildLogger interfaces, it seems impossible
> use the existing XmlLogger for the record task. The "stop" action does not
> really stop the Logger and the XML file is only written when the
> buildFinished
> event is fired. Thus you can't do anything with the XML file such as
> copying or
> XSL transforms until the build is finished...

yep - recorder is only used for a particular BuildLogger. This will change in
Ant2 ... but do you have a good way to do it in Ant1.x ???

--
Cheers,

Pete

"If you don't know where you want to go, we'll make
sure you get taken."
Microsoft ad slogan, translated into Japanese.