ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject starting tomcat to run servlet tests
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 11:41:48 GMT
Hi, I'm new to this list and have spent a while looking through the
archives for some info on this so forgive me if it's come up before.

I want to use the optional task to start tomcat, run my servlet tests
then stop tomcat but I've come across a problem.  The code takes a url
and polls that until it get's a response so it knows that tomcat is
running before running tests. My problem is that I have quite a
complicated initialisation servlet which takes a short while to complete
but before it does, tomcat returns a 404(file not found code). This
however is interpreted as a sign that tomcat is ready so ant starts to
run the tests. They fail. My solution is to put a further check in the
code to make sure that a 404 is not returned before continuing. I'm
quite happy to do this and submit the code back in but I wanted to check
that no-one else has done this or that there's not a better solution out
there already.

Many thanks.

Steven Shand.

View raw message