ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 1.4
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2001 10:10:54 GMT
On Sun, 2 Sep 2001 20:38, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter,
>
> >>Please give it a sanity test. If you think this build is suitable to be
> >>adopted as the 1.4 release then please reply with a +1.
> >
> >Seems to work so far .. haven't fully tested it yet. One thing though ...
> > why are we still distributing optional.jar separately ?
>
> You mean as opposed to rolling the it's contents into ant.jar ?

Naah - more like why is it not kept in optional.jar but optional.jar is
included in main ant release instead of forcing users to download two
products.

> I also
> think that each taskdef should be in a seperate jar (with some
> antbase.jar providing common code), but that too is controvercial I guess.

Similar to what was talked about in context of Ant2.

--
Cheers,

Pete

 "Remember, your body is a temple; however, it's also your
 dancehall and bowling alley"   -- Dharma Montgomery