ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: TASK SUBMISSION: jspc and projectdependencies
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2001 01:20:49 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craeg K. Strong" <cstrong@arielpartners.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 13:36
Subject: Re: TASK SUBMISSION: jspc and projectdependencies

> I took a quick look at your posts (I am not a committer).   Here is my
> 2c for what it is worth:
>
> I like the idea of a JSPC task.  We already have an optional <wljspc>
> task for the WebLogic
> JSP compiler.  Perhaps we could somehow create a single <jspc> task and
> make the weblogic
> specific stuff a special case via a flag or something.  There is
> something similar to this in "EJB Tasks."
> Had you already considered this?
>
> The next question is design/implementation.  I did not look at the code,
> however, I noticed an attribute
> "ieplugin: Java Plugin classid for Internet Explorer"    That is
> problematic for us Linux/Solaris users--
> the ant tasks I have seen are all cross-platform or multi-platform.

This is explicitly part of the jasperc command parameters; it lets you spec
the classID of the activeX plugin you want to use when IE is present. Then
when you use <jsp:plugin> in your code, somehow the appropriate plugin
invocation mechanism is generated for the appopriate browser. So Matt's
inclusion of this property is a good thing for those people who need it.

I too like the idea of a jspc task, and as Matt's works in his projects, it
should be a good foundation, just needing rounding off with some tests. But,
as usual, I have been somewhat distracted, what with being out the country
and things. My current project is using taglibs and stuff for JSP dev, so
should should be a good test platform.

Give me a few days to get started and I'll post an update.

-steve