ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Sciara" <antsci...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Task to check that the layering and componentazing of an application is followed
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:27:17 GMT
Ok I will look a second time :) . And next time I send an email I will re-read it twice too:
sorry for the mistakes :)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Vincent Massol
  To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 12:12 PM
  Subject: Re: Task to check that the layering and componentazing of an application is followed

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Emmanuel Sciara
    To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
    Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 11:58 AM

    Thanks Vincent,

    I had a quick look and it seems to do much more than what I was talking about.

    Also it looks like it will be difficult to put in place in the kind of environement I
work in and to quiet a few environments (stop me if I am wrong): the java language it self
is changed, it has its own compiler and debugger, etc, etc. Not all programmers are wizkids
and this looks a big step aside java.

  Several things :
  1/ The only thing you need is to run a preprocessor before running the standard java tools.
  2/ You don't need to ship the aspects as part of your code for production
  3/ You can separate the aspect code in other classes so they are not mixed with your code
  4/ I really think this is the best approach for you are trying to achieve. I can tell you
that without this, it will be a nightmare to write. For example: just checking at runtime
that any code that access such interface has been through a Struts Action class would be a
nightmare without AspectJ. It is 5 lines of code with AspectJ ...

    The only thing I need is something that will organise my compilation such as it tells
me I did not follow the layering that has been agreed on during design. No touching the of
the java itself. One might be more organised in the way of organising the packages, but that
all.

  Depending on what you want to achieven you'll very soon find that you'll only be able to
very simplistic checks ...

    See what I mean? Or shall I elaborate further ont he idea?

  I see what you mean but you should look at it a second time in more details. Actually you
should spend one day trying it yourself and judging by your own.

    Emmanuel
  -Vincent