ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject Re: Task to check that the layering and componentazing of an application is followed
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:41:45 GMT

Hope it helps
-Vincent
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Emmanuel Sciara
  To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 11:06 AM
  Subject: Task to check that the layering and componentazing of an application is followed

  Hi,

  Building an application by layers and components is now a practice widely used to help having
a better organised and more maintainable code.

  The trouble is, when working within teams of 5 and above, there does not seem to be a tool
(correct me if I am wrong) that will check that such layers and components are correctly build
and that the dependancies are followed.

  I am thinking about building such tool based around Ant, in form of a task or another suitable
form, if there is enough interest around.

  So does anybody think like me that this is worth it?

  Emmanuel