ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Sciara" <antsci...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Task to check that the layering and componentazing of an application is followed
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:06:04 GMT
Hi,

Building an application by layers and components is now a practice widely used to help having
a better organised and more maintainable code.

The trouble is, when working within teams of 5 and above, there does not seem to be a tool
(correct me if I am wrong) that will check that such layers and components are correctly build
and that the dependancies are followed.

I am thinking about building such tool based around Ant, in form of a task or another suitable
form, if there is enough interest around.

So does anybody think like me that this is worth it?

Emmanuel