ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Mancarella" <mancare...@opoipi.bancaintesa.it>
Subject War/ear update patch improvement (was Ant 1.4.1 Release)
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:14:10 GMT
> > A couple of weeks ago I posted a patch to the Zip/War/Ear tasks
> > concerning update and required attributes (Stefan, do you
> > remember?).
> I do - I think it affects the current functionality stronger than just
> a bugfix, so I'd prefer to postpone it to Ant 1.5.

Ok. I'll keep using my modified version until 1.5 comes out. ;)
Thanks for the quick reply.
---
I'm thinking about a further improvement of my patch and I'd like to
have the list's opinion...
I think "update=true" should disable required attributes only if the
war/ear actually exists, otherwise one could use it to "cheat" and
create a war/ear without specifying a webxml/appxml.
Please let me know if it does make sense, otherwise I won't even try to
implement it.