ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: HTTP calls
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:45:28 GMT
There are some extended HTTP tasks (get, post, head) which I should put into
the ant1.5 tree, which will do some of what you want, such as
 -let you specify one cookie (or any other header items). The limit of one
cookie is an artifact of the java.net package which can cause problems.
 -build up request parameters or post data
 -save the output into a property

However, I dont think anyone has given much thought to what you are looking
at, which seems to be either scraping or testing web pages. Yes?

Scraping could be possible, the scrape taglib (under
jakarta.apache.org/taglibs) shows it is possible to have a simple scrapes in
XML, or with the web page in a property there are other possible means to
extract regions.

If it for web page testing, consider using HttpUnit to have Junit tests
which scrape and test a page, calling these tests from ant is pretty simple.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gurdev S Parmar" <gsparmar@rediffmail.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 11:38
Subject: HTTP calls

Hi,
I am new to the list and don't know if this has been
discussed before.

Have you given a thought on supporting HTTP calls as
Ant tasks complete with (automatic) cookie handling.
With features like parsing the resultant HTML page
and look for tags of interest? If someone has
worked with Web Language by Compaq or the LGPLed
HTTPClient(java) package you'll know what I am talking
of.

Is something of this nature is on cards?

Thanks,
Gurdev.