ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.4.1 Release
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:00:16 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@rediffmail.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 09:57
Subject: Re: Ant 1.4.1 Release

> > 3836 - Mail ask allows port specification

>3836, IMHO is actually a bug - a harcoded port, I
>consider, is equivalent to a hardcoded host ;-)

As far as my metrics are concerned, If we documented that you could specify
a port, and it didnt work, then it would be a bug. Otherwise its an
enhancement request, one which needs to go in to

>>3024 - Distinguish between multiple files in mail
>3024 may be addressed later as I agree it is an enhancement.

I thought we had obviated the need for this with the MimeMail task becoming
part of the optional package in 1.4. What is your need for separated
attachments in the Mail task which can't be satisfied by the MimeMail tak?

I am personally very leery about adding anything to a maintenance build
except to fix big gaping bugs, because all changes run the risk of breaking
things, even between 1.4 and 1.4.1. Which is why the sole changes I want to
make to the build myself will just patch the documentation so it is
consistent with behaviour, rather than touch the code.

The faster we get 1.4.1 out the door, the faster we can get 1.5 out the
door, which is where enhancements and less critical bug fixes should go.

-steve