ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: JUnit writes properties for each testcase
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2001 05:49:52 GMT
Here's another possibility as a workaround:

- Write out your relevant properties using <propertyfile> (I'd be willing to
contribute a patch that would provide a single element or switch that would
automatically dump all of Ant's properties with that task - seems like that
could be a handy capability to have available anyway).
- Customize the XSL that <junitreport> uses and add a hyperlink to the text
file containing the properties so you could easily access it when viewing
the reports.

Another idea:

- Implement a task that creates an XML file with all the properties listed
- Use the <style> task to convert that to an HTML file
- Hyperlink in the HTML file to a customized version of the <junitreport>
XSL.

Both of these are of course hacks but might suffice for your needs.

Is there a way to have an XSL transformation read in two XML files?
Perhaps merging in the properties wouldn't be that difficult if a custom
task could generate the properties in XML format.

All of these ideas also, of course, rely on a modification to the <junit>
task to be able to turn off the properties output if desired.   Other than
these workarounds I think it will involve serious refactoring of how the
JUnit task works in order to accomplish what you are asking for.

    Erik