ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 1.4
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2001 12:14:28 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2001 5:09 PM
Subject: [VOTE] Release 1.4

> Committers,
>
> I'm calling a vote to proceed with the release of Ant 1.4. CVS has been
> tagged with ANT_14. A release candidate build is available here
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~conor/v1.4/
>
> Please give it a sanity test. If you think this build is suitable to be
> adopted as the 1.4 release then please reply with a +1.
>
> Here is my +1

Some things I noticed

- WHATSNEW, README and KEYS are not readable with notepad - maybe we should
include "README.txt", ... for Windows users? (No problem if you use a "good"
editor...)

- Many testcases fail for me using JDK 1.1.8 (on W2K), but I can't reproduce
this behaviour outside the testcases

-  The tasks
    - P4Reopen
    - P4Revert
    are missing from "defaults.properties"

- I needed to change "src/etc/testcases/types/filterset.xml" (by removing
eol="lf") to work on Windows (valid for CVS-version, will probably work in
binary source-dist if this is build on Unix)

- A small error in README (see README.patch)

- Some typos in WHATSNEW (see WHATSNEW.patch)

Overall I don't think that these are severe problems, so you get my +1
nevertheless.

Nico