ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Tung Teck Lee" <teck...@coolconnect.com>
Subject suggestion about javac command and auto-compilation
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2001 14:02:51 GMT
Hi

We have been using ant for our project development, has
been quite impressed with the growing list of features
and cross platform capability.

Read the faq, understand that if I compile the java file A.java
using javac with srcdir = /home/x/

and A.java resides in say /home/x/B/

then if A is in the package com.y.B.A, A will be recompiled
everytime I build.

for our source file directories, we took out the 'com/y/' from
the source tree because it is too troublesome to have to
cd too many levels each time.

however, it our directory structure, from '/home/x/' onwards
the directory structure will follow the package name.

Would really love it if there is a parameter in the [javac] command
to specify 'basePackage' so that this will work.

PS: is there is feedback location or something for putting in
such suggestions for Ant? Can't seem to find it.

regards,
Teck Lee