ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Tung Teck Lee" <>
Subject suggestion about javac command and auto-compilation
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2001 14:02:51 GMT

We have been using ant for our project development, has
been quite impressed with the growing list of features
and cross platform capability.

Read the faq, understand that if I compile the java file
using javac with srcdir = /home/x/

and resides in say /home/x/B/

then if A is in the package com.y.B.A, A will be recompiled
everytime I build.

for our source file directories, we took out the 'com/y/' from
the source tree because it is too troublesome to have to
cd too many levels each time.

however, it our directory structure, from '/home/x/' onwards
the directory structure will follow the package name.

Would really love it if there is a parameter in the [javac] command
to specify 'basePackage' so that this will work.

PS: is there is feedback location or something for putting in
such suggestions for Ant? Can't seem to find it.

Teck Lee

View raw message