ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 1.4
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2001 10:08:11 GMT
From: "Paul Hammant" <Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com>
> I'm not a committer, so can't vote (or vote has 10% weight..)
>
> Is there any chance you can squeeze in my patch from 9th August 16:04
> concerning <script> and a more flexible classloading regime for truly
> dynamic scripting ?

Paul,

Unfortunately no, this will not be included in Ant 1.4. Whilst I'm sure it
is a good thing to do (I haven't yet looked at the details), we do need to
make a cutoff, albeit somewhat arbitrarily, on what goes in one release and
what is held over to the next.

I'm hoping that the gap to the next release, when agreed to by committers,
etc, etc, will be smaller than the gap between 1.3 & 1.4. There were
reasons for that gap which I won't go into here. Of course, I do not
pretend to predict the future :-). I'd encourage you to hang in there and
make sure it gets into the next release.

Thanks
Conor