ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.4.1 Release
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:02:34 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 07:44
Subject: Ant 1.4.1 Release

> I think enough time has passed for us to put together the 1.4.1 release.
> I propose to build a candidate in about 24 hours time. There are two
> outstanding patches I am aware of. One is the case insensitive patch.
> That looks OK and I think it can go ahead. The other is the
> uptodate/mapper issue. I'm not really across that one so I hope Stefan
> can address it.
>
> Any others.
>
> Once the build is up, I think we can wait about a week for problems to
> be reported. There are not taht many changes with respect to Ant 1.4.
> I'll also merge the changes into the main branch for Gump testing.
>
> Let me know if there are any issues, other bugs, etc.

1. I want to make a documentation change -remove references to JIKES_HOME in
javac, cover how to switch to JIKES across all build files by setting
ANT_OPTS=-Dbuild.compiler=jikes instead. I can do that tonight.

2. As I filed in bug 3711 last week, we need an extra test in the ftp task
mkdir() routinte to fully support wu-ftp. Either I apply that patch _or_ we
pull the comment about wu-ftp from the java 1.4.1 release and then do the
patch and return the comment about wu-ftp to the 1.5 tree.