ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: If we are thinking about a 1.4.1 release ...
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2001 05:30:30 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: If we are thinking about a 1.4.1 release ...

> OK, I think we should go for a 1.4.1 release to address the known bugs.
> Go for the antstructure fix. I have fixed the <depend> bug on the 1.4
> branch and hope to address the manifest bug too. Any others?

I am about to correct the docerror of s/JIKES_HOME/JIKESPATH/ in the javac
manual, which should require visual checks against the invocation scripts,
rather than any code testing. It'll be a good test of me getting CVS set up
right though.

Bug 3711, which I filed yesterday, needs a small tweak to FTP to get it to
handle wu-ftp; either we add that or we remove hints of support for wu-ftp
in the documentation. I'd prefer the fix, but only after I've tested it
against a server of the appropriate flavour. Thinking about it, the risk is
not that the fix gets FTP to work with wu-ftp, but that it stops something
else from working - which pushes it towards a 1.5 patch instead.

-Steve