ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject RE: include and exclude behavior
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:02:34 GMT
> Well, for what I read on the discussion, they have completely misunderstood the
> meaning "excludedefaults". The attribute is used to tell if things that are always
> excluded (no matter what you say) apply or not. The list of things that are always
> excluded can be found in the docs.

I see now that you're right about defaultexcludes.  It would be nice to specify a default
action, or the order for the actions (similar to the "Order allow, deny" config setting for
Apache).

> Now, looking at the real issue: how to say "exclude all BAR except the one under
> FOO (FOO/BAR)", I think the way to solve this is by allowing multiple <filepattern>

> elements and for those patterns to act independent of one another (to a certain
> extend).
> Can we do something like this already? I do not think so, but....

Actually, the snippet Jose included was pretty much the same solution Peter
suggested on the ant-user list.  And it worked - so I guess Ant treats patterns in
multiple filesets as independent of each other.  Yea, Ant!

Kyle