ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: Anonymous CVS & SSH tunneling
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 18:28:57 GMT
gautamg@grassroots-tech.com:
> from a unix like environment:
<snip>

matti@sedonacorp.com:
> I would think you cut tunnel port 2401 on your local machine over to
> port 2401 on the CVS service, and the access cvs as if you were
> logging into "localhost".
<snip>

This is all good and fine advice, but I think it's missing my question.

I can't establish the SSH connection to begin with.  In order to tunnel through SSH, I need
to be able to establish a connection to cvs.apache.org and login in my SSH client.  I can
make the connection fine (since that port is opened in the firewall), but I can't login to
complete the SSH connection.

I've read through all the directions on setting CVS up to tunnel through the SSH client once
the connection is established, but that's no good to me at this point.

What I'm wandering is if there's some login/password (say, anonymous/anoncvs) that would allow
me to establish the initial SSH connection.

Kyle