ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Anonymous CVS & SSH tunneling
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 14:05:37 GMT
Looking at the instructions on how to access Apache's CVS repository, I see that those with
commit access can tunnel through SSH (I assume to keep their passwords private).  I'm behind
a corporate firewall, which has port 22 (or whatever the standard SSH port is) open, but not
port 2401 (the CVS port, correct?).  I was wondering if it's possible to do an anonymous login
via SSH, which would in turn allow me to tunnel through the firewall.  This would be much
less painful for me, in terms of the red tape required to get a new port opened :-)

Kyle