ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Intermediate directory name change to Target?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2001 05:41:15 GMT
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> Anyways a pseudo convention of using "target/" as intermediate
> directory has occured in commons/struts projects. Because this
> doesn't cause any conflicts and thus could be integrated into all
> apache projects (ignoring egos) I say we move towards it.

We will never get a common build structure *because* of the egos
involved IMHO, and as long as there is no common structure all are
equal to me.  Given that we have a system that works, I see little
reason to change it.  On the other hand I don't want to stop your
crusade, maybe you'll succeed, so make that a +0.

Stefan