ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant ProjectTest.java
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 06:14:40 GMT
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu,  9 Aug 2001 02:27, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> seems as if Ant has a less Unix centric approach than Excalibur
>> here, but maybe this has been taken care of outside of this class,
>> don't know.
>>
>> Same is true for UNC filenames on Unix (samba shares).
>
> not sure what you mean.

Excalibur's normalize will strip the second / from //server/share/
which is a valid UNC name when using Samba under Linux, same for
resolveFile.

normalize only works on / (I guess some other part is making sure that
File.separator has been replaced by / before normalize gets called).

>> Anyway, there is so much common stuff here and there and probably
>> at least once in Tomcat and ... that it seems to be asking for a
>> commons package.
>
> hmm ... seems if most of the packages in excalibur are common
> stuff. Funny that ... maybe we should move them all into commons
> ... or should that be the other way round ? ;)

Do we strive for world domination by Jakarta or by Avalon? 8-)

Stefan