ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant ProjectTest.java
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 06:57:38 GMT
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

>> which is a valid UNC name when using Samba under Linux,
>
> thats odd ... I never knew that - is it accessible via the shell or
> is only accessible via open() system call (I can't get either to
> work with vanilla RH7.0 kernel).

At least on the shell for the mount command ...

I think smbclient will handle that as well, I don't think you can use
it as a filename in other situations, but I've never tried it.

> Also does this also work on other unixes?

Don't run Samba on my home FreeBSD system, sorry, I don't know.

>> same for resolveFile.
>
> hmm .. that is a bug then ... thought I had a testcase to check
> against that .. maybe thats broken aswell.

This was just from glancing at the code, I may be wrong as I turned to
my own stuff rather quickly.

> Damn - we are meant to be going for world domination? I thought it
> was quality.

world domination via quality ...

Stefan