ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Introspection Change comments
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 05:26:56 GMT
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Peter Donald <> wrote:

>> We should talk about that in the
>> context of Ant2, for now it would give us a major backwards
>> compatibilty problem.
> I can not see that - where do you see the compatability problem?

We already have built-in tasks that have attributes and nested
elements of the same name (see javac with classpath).  Tasks may have
chosen to do different things with them (javac does, but this is

> Attributes are restricted to primitive types + string and File at
> the moment,

Not true at all - attributes are restricted to types that have a
constructor using a single String argument, while lements are
restricted to types that have a no-arg constructor.  I'd guess it is
not that uncommon for a class to support both types of constructors.

View raw message