ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/testcases/org/apache/tools/ant ProjectTest.java
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 16:27:39 GMT
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't suppose if I pointed out that most of these things are
> already implemented, documented and unit tested in Avalon/Excalibur
> that it would make any difference, right ? ;)

Guess you are talking about org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.FileUtil
(as we are speaking about resolveFile ...) - seems as if Ant has a
less Unix centric approach than Excalibur here, but maybe this has
been taken care of outside of this class, don't know.

Same is true for UNC filenames on Unix (samba shares).

Anyway, there is so much common stuff here and there and probably at
least once in Tomcat and ... that it seems to be asking for a commons
package.

Stefan