ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question of re-use within Apache Projects
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 06:11:54 GMT
On 7 Aug 2001, Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> I have started using the Mail task.  I find that I will not be able
> to send out 'attachment's.

True, this has never been the intention of the task - people have
already told you that Ant 1.4 will have a JavaMail based task, so I
won't repeat it 8-)

> First step is to write a Mime Encoder (Base64Encoder).  I notice
> that XML-Batik already has the code to perform it.

And I'm sure, it is not the only one, at least JMeter used to have one
and the httpclient component in jakarta-commons has one as well
(Tomcat must have one for basic authentication as well, but a simple
"find . -name \*[bB]ase64\* -print" doesn't show it).  Generally, this
would be something for jakarta-commons

Stefan