ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Zip.java
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 05:44:44 GMT
On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> D:\antdev\bugs\zipfileset\build.xml:4: Class
>> org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet doesn't support the "prefix"
>> attribute
>
> That should work too after the change, and I don't think anything
> will be broken.

As I've been the one who pushed for not using <fileset> but a new name
here (and <tarfileset> in tar for the extended version of fileset over
there), I should comment on it 8-)

My main concern is consistency, if the <fileset> in zip/jar/war/ear
supports a prefix and a fullpath attribute and can read from zipfiles,
why can't the fileset in copy/tar/style/apply or defined at the
project level do the same?  This would unnecessarily confuse users.

And then there is the thing about refid/id Conor mentioned, consider

<fileset dir="brutha" id="vorbis" />
<zip ...>
  <fileset refid="vorbis" />
</zip>

The thing you store in the Vector inside the zip task will not be a
ZipFileSet, at least not a fully functional one - likewise

<zip ...>
  <fileset prefix="fri'it" dir="." id="om" />
</zip>

<copy>
  <fileset refid="om" />
</copy>

will not take the prefix into account at all.

> I'll roll back the change tommorow.

Thanks.

Stefan