ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch Audit
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:16:05 GMT
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>>
>> These are bugfixes and therefore should be applied anyway IMHO.
>>

> Agreed. I think, however, that these were indicated as partial
> fixes.

Blame it on the mail delays (that's why I've added a CC-Header), I've
already committed them.

> Do they fix the whole problem.

They fix the problem for 2515 completely and do very good job on 2424.

> On a related note, what do people think about undeprecating
> <rename>.

No longer necessary, with the committed patch

<move file="phileas" tofile="fogg" />

and

<rename src="phileas" dest="fogg" />

should be identical, both will invoke rename() under covers.  The main
difference is that <move> will also work if you cross multiple
filesystems (and can perform filtering and supports filesets and
yadda, yadda).

Stefan