ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch Audit
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 05:42:31 GMT
On 6 Aug 2001, Magesh Umasankar <umagesh@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>* test skeleton generator
>
>>I have some problems with the motivation, as you write
>>tests first,don't you?  OK, not before the release.
>
> Use it to 'catch' those that don't do it that way then ;-).

Sure, I was more than half joking here - just look at the amount of
code in Ant not covered by tests.

I think my main problem with a test skeleton generator is that it
forces me to disable tests I wouldn't usually write (because I
oughtn't test stuff that cannot possibly break 8-).

Let me rephrase my statement to something like: I wouldn't use it, but
it sure has some value to many people.  Please let's not delay the
release for this. OK?

Stefan