ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Description
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 09:44:33 GMT
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Conor MacNeill <>

> This means, to some extent, that the datatypes have to become aware
> of their context so that the <description> datatype can attach
> itself to the container (target or project).

Probably yes, but I'm not sure, properties don't know whether the task
that has set them has been nested into a target or not.  A description
element could very well be container-agnostic, let the project and
target now their description elements and ask them.

> Now, it is in now and I think it will be useful.

> I think we need to think more on datatypes and how they are scoped.

I realize that the next GUMP run is to be ready in about an hour (if
it takes as long as yesterday's run), so I won't distract you any
longer 8-)

View raw message