ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improved logged capacities
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 05:59:09 GMT
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Yannick Menager <ymenager@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> One thing that has been bothering me alot on my current project is
> how constraining the current log architecture of Ant.

I'm not sure I understand what you are after.

> I was considering writing a modification that would use log4J and
> give greater flexibility in control of the logging

Take a look at the <record> task and at writing a custom
BuildListener, what exactly are you missing (<record> should probably
support stuff other than logging to a file).

For Ant2, we've agreed to improve the logging system somewhat (see
<http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/features.html>).

> (i.e. including having a tasks like
> <log category="build.gendocs" priority="warning" message="BLA"/>
> )

Except for the category, <echo> pretty much supports that.

Stefan