ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <script> needs a classpath param
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:16:44 GMT
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Paul Hammant <paul_hammant@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My experience with Thread.setContextClassLoader() with Avalon is
> that it is not the cure all.

May very well be, I haven't used it a lot myself.

> I think that's hinting at the solution.  ANT_HOME/lib/ for core Ant
> required jars and ANT_HOME/tplib/ (tp being for third party).  The
> former for xerces.jar and ant's two jars.

This may be quite difficult to distinguish - in an JAXP 1.1
environment xalan must be in the system classpath (while it probably
shouldn't be anywhere when using JDK 1.4, I'm not sure).

It also forces people to define all optional tasks they need manually,
specifying the classpath for them explicitly.  Any automatic solution
performed by Ant will lead to the same problems you see now - <script>
would be loaded but doesn't have a way to load support classes.

Stefan