ant-dev mailing list archives

From Holger Engels <heng...@mercatis.de>
Subject Re: JarX: a task to generate JAR's using class dependencies
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 06:32:56 GMT
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Conor MacNeill wrote:

> This is something that is on my todo list so it would be good if you run
> with it. I would, however, like to see it integrated with the current <jar>
> task and also the code from the <depend> task. No sense in duplicating that
> sort of stuff. If your code is better, of course, we can change <depend> to
> use it instead. What I would really like to see is a jar service and
> possibly a dependency service that these tasks layer on top of. That way, I
> can re-jig ejbjar to use the jar service and automatically have the
> dependency gathering facility. I really want this to have the capability to
> automatically ad support classes into an EJB jar.

Ok, I've just added this capability to the GenericDeploymentTool. The
implementation uses
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.depend.ClassFile to determine the
class dependencies. I had to add another method getClassDependencies to
ClassFile, because getClassRefs actually misses some referenced classes.

I've attached both modified Sources ..

Holger Engels