ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Shea <s...@gtsdesign.com>
Subject task & class loader question
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:18:23 GMT
Hi -- I'm writing a task for a home-grown package.  The package needs
to be able to find user-specified classes, so it needs to take a
classpath in the build.xml file.

I noticed that you guys have written AntClassLoader, which takes a
classpath in the constructor, so I am guessing this is the solution to
my problem (a pity I didn't find it until I was halfway done writing
my own classloader ;).  I don't know a thing about classloaders, and
there's only one example of AntClassLoader being used in the taskdefs
(SQLExec) so I'm wondering if I'm on the right track or not...

Is there a writeup somewhere that I've missed?  I also searched the
archives but haven't found anything yet (there are a lot of class
loader postings!).

Am I right that the main thing to watch out for is having the same
class loaded by two different classloaders?  So as long as the
classloader does the pass-it-to-the-parent-first thing, adding a
classloader with unique jars and classes is no big deal?

Thanks,

	Gary Shea
	shea@gtsdesign.com