ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: <script> needs a classpath param
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 00:10:01 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:

>> Do you know whether BSF supports context classloaders?
>
>Not sure ... Sam Ruby - do you know the answer to this?

What's a "context" class loader?

BSF has no explicit support for class loaders,

There's much I don't know about class loaders, but some of the statements
made previously on this thread don't make sense to me.  My experience is
that things loaded by a class loader do have access to objects created
under other class loaders.  In fact, if the class loader delegates to its
parent class loader, then classes loaded by that class loader can even
create objects that can be returned to the caller.

My only comment on the requirement for a <classpath> is that such support
should respect the value of build.sysclasspath, enabling me to turn off
this support. ;-)

- Sam Ruby