ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin van den Bemt" <m...@mvdb.com>
Subject RE: Patch Audit
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2001 21:45:50 GMT
Like the idea of such a generator..

> Though the 'Write Unit Tests First Programming' and XP are
> gaining some popularity, they are still not being widely
> followed.  If one can at least ensure that there are Unit Tests
> for whatever code has been designed/implemented, it would
> definitely improve the quality of the existing product as well as
> its future versions, n'est-ce pas?

> This Ant task would address such a use case (at least till the
> skeleton building level).  For example,
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-avalon/src/test/org/apache/a
valon/excalibur/io/test/ does not seem to have any test cases, but
definitely could use some and I guess is definitely in the works (as the
directory is already there).  It would make the job of a 'Unit Test Writer'
so much simpler, if the skeletons could be generated.  (Avalon isn't using
JUnit.  That is another topic, but I am just trying to show the usefulness
of a skeleton generator).

Also, I looked at the following links.  They revolve around Test Skeleton
Generators.  Seems JUnit.org is not averse to the idea of using the
framework to write Unit Tests after the code has been written.

http://junit.netbeans.org/
http://www.junit.org/extensions.htm#JunitTestGenerator

So, please consider including this task into Ant.

Cheers,
Magesh

For Rs. 2,000,000 worth of Aptech scholarships click below
http://clients.rediff.com/clients/aptechsch/index.htm