ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Lacoste <jerome.laco...@smartcardsystem.com>
Subject RE: Reminder: [SUBMIT] Attr, a chmod equivalent for Windows
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 17:20:41 GMT
Mathew you're right. I didn't specify in which way they were equivalent.

Correction:

> It calls the Windows 'Attrib' program equivalent to 'chmod' on Unix.

equivalent regarding the goal (change the permissions) but not in
functionality (because available permissions are different depending on
OSes).

Attrib is OS dependent, so is Chmod, isn't it?

Most of the required functionality is the read/write-ability. It is
sometimes necessary to change it.
We don't have it on Windows, we have it on Linux/Unix.
Why not have the counterpart?

Jerome