ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject Dcoumentation for the update property of Zip
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:20:01 GMT
We've just had someone asking about updating Jar files, and I've given
my customary response of telling them to download Ant 1.4beta and use
update="true" in their Jar task definition. I think I also pointed them
to the docs for further information. Now, I *thought* that when I saw
the patch to Zip.java go into CVS, I also saw a change to the docs...
but this doesn't appear to be in Ant 1.4beta2. Obviously it's kinda
handy to have this change - does anyone know what its status is?

If one of the docs writers fancy adding this in, I can lend a hand with
any technical questions they may have. Alternatively, I could write the
docs patch myself. (It probably wouldn't be as clear in that case,
however. I can spell and my grammar as generally correct, but that
doesn't mean my clarity is great.)

Jon