ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Shamberger, Michael" <Michael.Shamber...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Ant 1.4 Beta 1
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 18:56:44 GMT
Hi,

The project that I am working on has about 3000 java files and 80 ejbs.  I
was previously using ant1.3 without issues on our code base.  Here are the
issues that I ran into with the 1.4 beta.  I saw 4 differences in the ant1.3
Vs. ant1.4beta

1 ant.bat - New script gave error:
'"C:\clearcase\ms_re_int\coreMsdw\tools\jdk1.2.2_08\bin\java -Xmx256m"' is
not recognized as an internal or external command,
When I rolled back to the ant 1.3 script it worked fine.  It looks like the
script is having trouble with command line options to the JAVA_CMD variable:
set JAVACMD=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Xmx256m gives error
set JAVACMD=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java works

2 Error when ant initialized in jdk1.2.2_08  (This is with the 1.3 ant.bat)
Buildfile: build.xml
Setting project property: user.dir -> C:\clearcase\ms_re_int\coreMsdw
Setting project property: file.separator -> \
Setting project property: sun.boot.class.path ->
C:\clearcase\ms_re_int\coreMsdw
\tools\jdk1.2.2_08\lib\rt.jar;C:\clearcase\ms_re_int\coreMsdw\tools\jdk1.2.2
_08\
lib\i18n.jar;C:\clearcase\ms_re_int\coreMsdw\tools\jdk1.2.2_08\classes
Setting ro project property: ant.version -> Ant version 1.4Beta1 compiled on
Aug
ust 9 2001
Setting ro project property: ant.file ->
C:\clearcase\ms_re_int\coreMsdw\build.x
ml
parsing buildfile C:\clearcase\ms_re_int\coreMsdw\build.xml with URI =
file:C:/c
learcase/ms_re_int/coreMsdw/build.xml
A nonfatal internal JIT (3.10.107(x)) error 'Relocation error: NULL
relocation t
arget' has occurred in :
  'org/apache/crimson/parser/Parser2.maybeComment (Z)Z': Interpreting
method.
  Please report this error in detail to
http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cg

3 Issue with Ejb-jar:
I am getting the following error that I did not get previously in about 1/8
of my beans.  Ejb-jar is trying to pull in some classes that don't need to
be in the bean.  They do not  in the directory that ejb-jar is looking for
it.

ejbjar] Could not load class
com.msdw.online.model.factory.subaccount.AccountFactory for super class
check
[ejbjar] Could not load class
com.msdw.online.model.factory.subaccount.AccountFactoryHome for super class
check
 [ejbjar] building facade_accountsummary-weblogic-ejb.jar with 34 files
   [ejbjar] WARNING: IOException while adding entry
com\msdw\online\model\factor
y\subaccount\AccountFactory.class to jarfile from
C:\clearcase\ms_re_int\coreMsd
w\build\classes\com\msdw\online\model\factory\subaccount\AccountFactory.clas
s ja
va.io.FileNotFoundException-C:\clearcase\ms_re_int\coreMsdw\build\classes\co
m\ms
dw\online\model\factory\subaccount\AccountFactory.class (The system cannot
find
the file specified)

4 Number of files being put into ejb jar has changed.  Ejb-jar is putting
more files into some of the beans that it was previously.  This may be why I
am getting the above failure