ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: Eclipse Ant integration
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 07:52:46 GMT

I figure out that there were problems considering the comments in the code
:)

> - pattern sets use ' ' (space) in the tokenization.  This
> just killed our
> automated build mechanism.  We wanted to be able to create a comma
> separated list of files to operate on and then pass this to
> some other ant
> script.  The second ant script happened to want to create a
> patternset as
> part of a (for example) <copy>.  Of course, our file names
> have spaces in
> the names and this did not work.  While this problem is somewhat
> superficial, when we tried to supply an implementation of
> PatternSet which
> did what we wanted we found that it was not very pluggable and it was
> nearly impossible.

there is also a problem with commas since it is a valid character in a
directory name. (I know this is crazy but I remember someone complaining
about a failure in JUnit because we were tokenizing a comma separated list
of parameters.)

> Anyway, my goal here is not to report bugs/problems but to

Oh, you should. :-)

> figure out the
> best way to ensure these sorts of problems get addressed and
> we end up with
> first class integration of Ant into Eclipse.  To this end,
> we'd like to
> help as much as we can or encourage others to help.  I'm soliciting
> suggestions as to the best way to do this and fit into your community
> model.

Maybe you can drop a mail into ant-users for that ?

> p.s., If you like the icons we use in Eclipse, I will look into
> contributing them to the Ant project.

Cool. :-)

--
 Stephane Bailliez