ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: JAXP/Crimson timeplan
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 07:43:12 GMT

[..interesting issues w/ classloader w/i JAXP]

Ah interesting point...

> Another small problem is that jaxp is "parser + transform".
> Including half
> of jaxp is not necesarily the best thing.

Point taken... since also the XML serialization is performed in a standard
way using identity transformation...it might be a good idea to ship xalan.

> The current DTM ( D8 ) is passing the tests and seems stable,
> we hope to
> have a release soon. Of course, the previous stable release is ok too.
> You can also include jaxp.jar from xml-commons, which is
> build from apache
> sources ( that's what tc3.3 and xalan will be doing ).

Is it planned to clean up the distrib ?
I find it rather problematic to have each time a jaxp, dom, sax
implementation/interface inside xalan. When is supposed to be the separation
between components ?
My preferences would be to split all this in:
jaxp.jar, <parser>.jar, <xslprocessor>.jar, dom2.jar, sax2.jar
I raised the issue some time ago w/ Shane and there was a discussion going
in 'general' for that but I did not follow the issue since then.

--
 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France