ant-dev mailing list archives

From Whitney Hunter <Whitney.Hun...@watchguard.com>
Subject RE: Anonymous CVS & SSH tunneling
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 14:16:11 GMT
I have the same problem. I would be interested in the answer to this
question too.

Whitney

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Adams [mailto:kadams@gfs.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 7:06 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Anonymous CVS & SSH tunneling

Looking at the instructions on how to access Apache's CVS repository, I see
that those with commit access can tunnel through SSH (I assume to keep their
passwords private).  I'm behind a corporate firewall, which has port 22 (or
whatever the standard SSH port is) open, but not port 2401 (the CVS port,
correct?).  I was wondering if it's possible to do an anonymous login via
SSH, which would in turn allow me to tunnel through the firewall.  This
would be much less painful for me, in terms of the red tape required to get
a new port opened :-)

Kyle