ant-dev mailing list archives

Subject Problem using junit with ant 1.5 nightly builds
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:49:03 GMT

When I try to use ant to run a junit test (with the optional.jar in my
ANT_HOME/lib directory and junit.jar in my classpath, this script:

    <target name="unit.test">
        <junit haltonfailure="yes">
            <classpath refid="project.class.path.ref"/>
haltonfailure="yes" outfile="result" >
                <formatter type="xml" />

generates this error:
Buildfile: build.xml

Could not create task of type: junit. Common solutions are to use taskdef to
declare your task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the optional.jar in
the lib directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME).

Total time: 1 second

I've looked through all the documentation on the optional junit task, and can't
seem to see the errors of my ways.  The optional jar is definitely getting into
the classpath:
localcp =

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Michael Stopper
Senior Principal / SPS Technical Architect
American Management Systems, Inc.
4114 Legato Road
Fairfax, Virginia  22033
703.227.6646 Office