ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gautam Guliani <gaut...@grassroots-tech.com>
Subject Re: Anonymous CVS & SSH tunneling
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 18:12:08 GMT

from a unix like environment:
export CVS_RSH=ssh
or
export CVS_RSH=/path/to/ssh
(if it isn't in your path)
set the CVSROOT
export CVSROOT=:ext:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic

or use the command line
cvs -d :ext:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout jakarta-ant

from a windoze enviroment
use wincvs or use the cvs.exe commanline
set CVS_RSH=/path/to/ssh
set CVSROOT=:ext:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
cvs -d :ext:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout jakarta-ant

this gets pretty cumbersome because one has to supply the password for
every request.
(cvs login works only for the pserver protocol)
so the work around is to use RSA style authentication for ssh vis ssh-agent
or via the method described
here:
http://www.kitenet.net/programs/sshcvs/

HTH,
Gautam

--
Gautam Guliani                          Email:  gautamg@grassroots-tech.com
Partner                                 Cell:   917.334.1304  *NEW*