ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Faatuai, Frotz" <Frotz.Faat...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: VSSGET Problem
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:14:31 GMT
We avoid the problem completely (in part because we were rushed to get the
system in place) by starting with a fresh directory tree.  The only problem
that we've had is keeping users out of the build tree on our build machine
when a new one starts otherwise <delete dir="${root}"/> fails.  We solved
that problem by adding publishing targets once the build is complete.

>From my perspective, the VSSGET task is doing the RightThing when failing on
a writable file in the build tree, even if it is a little inconsistent.
This because you never want someone doing a check-out into your build tree.
(We also avoid specifying a drive letter so that developers can have a local
instance of the build environment on their favorite drive without impacting
the build machine.)
--
Frotz.Faatuai@am.sony.com
Sr. Software Engineer