ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Inger <ma...@sedonacorp.com>
Subject beta 2 question about typedef
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:36:06 GMT
there is now a "typedef" task in the beta2 version.
However, it does not seem to be allowed at the same level that
taskdef is.  I put it right underneath project, and it says that it
is an "unexpected" element.  Correct me if i'm wrong, but i though
the whole point of typedef was so that you do something like:

<project ....>
  <typedef name="mytype" classname="...." />
  <mytype id="abc" ... />
</project>

am i wrong in this assumption.  if so, how would one go about declaring
an instance of the type so that you can reference it elsewhere.

--
Matt Inger (matt.inger@sedonacorp.com)
Sedona Corporation