ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Watson <ma...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Task Submission: Project inter-dependency classpath builder and version verifier
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:33:15 GMT
Vojta Filip wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tested it, it is good for me. In Ant 1.4Beta1 is changed constructor of
> RuntimeConfigurable. I want to extended this - I need to build dependent
> project if not builded (and checkout from CVS before build). I will try to
> do it.

I am unclear as to what the change to RuntimeConfigurable has to do with
this.
Am I correct in assuming that you would like to be able to build a
dependent project if it can't be located? And you want to extend
ProjectDependencies to do this? This is not really the role of this task
as I have designed it - rather than doing this, ProjectDependencies is
designed to facilitate colaborative work and structured re-use of common
projects while locating third-party libraries for the user. Automatic
building of other projects would be a bit of a leap. Do you have any
ideas on how you would want this to work?

Matt