ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Watson <ma...@i3sp.com>
Subject Task Submission: Project inter-dependency classpath builder and version verifier
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 04:49:33 GMT
I have tidied up my code for this task. It is a pretty complex one, but
one that I use extensively and have had requests from multiple
organisations/people to ask if they could use it. I figure the best way
of doing this is to get it included in ant!

This task does dependency checking between multiple projects/products
that may have multiple versions. It allows you to specify which version
you want, what path elements from the project/product you would like in
your classpath/path/manpath/libpath or specify them from the
depended-upon project/product itself.
It also does recursive version verification (looking for clashes) and
recording of what other projects/products were used during a build - and
it does all this amazingly fast.

The full source tree is here:
http://www.i3sp.com/ant/projectdependencies/
The projectdependencies.tgz is the full source with the patches for the
defaults.properties and the optional.html
the html doc for it is here:
http://www.i3sp.com/ant/projectdependencies/docs/manual/OptionalTasks/projectdependencies.html

There is a rudimentary test in
http://www.i3sp.com/ant/projectdependencies/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/projectdependencies/test/
Check the readme.txt file for what it does and how to run it - sorry it
is not automated... No time at present.

Matt