ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Watson <ma...@i3sp.com>
Subject Task Submission: JspC w/ CompilerFactory & Dependency checking
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 03:01:40 GMT

> If Matt had already been using his code for production generation of
> servlets, rather than sanity checking, then it is much more mature than
> mine. I would propose that we use that codebase (when we get to see it),
> pulling in any extra parameters from my version. Then we need some complex
> test case .jsp files to build -some with custom classpaths, taglibs, etc.
> It'd be nice if we had some real stuff there -is there a collection of pages
> for the tomcat/JSP test suite.

http://www.i3sp.com/ant/jspc is the root of the source. the jspc.tgz has
it all, including the patches for optional.html and defaults.properties.
The doco is at
http://www.i3sp.com/ant/jspc/docs/manual/OptionalTasks/jspc.html
And the main source is at
http://www.i3sp.com/ant/jspc/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/JspC.java
but it requires
http://www.i3sp.com/ant/jspc/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/jspcompilers/

as well.

Sorry it took so long - I have been pretty busy.
I have added in a classpath attribute, so you can specify the classpath
for running the compiler without having to have it in your ant classpath
and added the ieplugin and mapped attributes from japser.
Also, it is now similar to javac in that it has a CompilerFactory etc.
To support multiple compilers. I only use jasper, so others will have to
pick that up - This should really be done by a properties file, but... time!
Haven't had time to set up formal testing - I've tested it with my jsp
files and it works fine (I notice javac has not tests either  ;-).

>>I'm off to the snow for a week!
>>Matt

And I'm off again saturday week :-)

Matt